PPBA Does not connect to indi drivers (LINUX)

wellchem

PPBA Does not connect to indi drivers (LINUX)

Post by wellchem »

I have just recently purchased a new PPBA and tried to connect to a Raspberry Pi4 running the latest Version of Stellarmate.

The PPBA does power up with constant blue light. All USB ports do connect to the Raspberry Pi4 and all devices work as they should.

However the PPBA itself will not connect to INDI. It does map out a serial connection, but returns the error, all ports in use (not the case).

Any suggestions?, this is still in return time frame if it refuses to connect. I am inpressed with the other features but, I need to have control over the switchable 12 V outputs for spectral lamps.

Thanks
Evans
Site Admin

Re: PPBA Does not connect to indi drivers (LINUX)

Post by Evans »

PPBADV is supported only through INDIlib or Indigo.
Unfortunatelly we do not have a standalone software for Linux or OSX.
PaulInNorthMichigan

Re: PPBA Does not connect to indi drivers (LINUX)

Post by PaulInNorthMichigan »

I also am having trouble with a couple Pegasus devices and stellarmate. Stellarmate does use the INDI driver. I 1st purchased the Pegasus Pocket Box Advanced, and sometimes with a little trouble it would connect fine. I recently purchased the Pegasus Focus Cube 2, which the instant that it was installed created USB conflicts in Stellarmate. I've fought with this issue for a month and I need to solve this or move on to a different product combination.

I believe the serial devices are too similar and they want to fight over USB0. I periodically have got these devices to connect together but inevitably the next time I connect they go down.

Hopefully other users in the forum might have found solutions. I'm willing to share the information that I have run into if it might help.

It is good to see that there is at least one more Stellarmate user here.