Adjustable Power output does not start at startup

ThierryBeauvilain

Adjustable Power output does not start at startup

Post by ThierryBeauvilain »

advanced power box gen 2.png
advanced power box gen 2.png (273.19 KiB) Viewed 2411 times
On my advanced Power box gen 2 recently purchased, the Adjustable Power output does start at startup. I have checked the box in the StartupConfiguration menu which stays checked after repower but it is the Adjustable in the PowerOutputs menue which turns off and does not go on ON after repower. It is supposed to power my WIFI router for me to connect to a mini pc on my setup.
My configuration is:
- Mini PC Mele Quieter3
- Windows 11 pro (up to date)
- Your unity platform with the latest version (downloaded yesterday)
- The Vonets WIFI device is powered on 5 Volts

I am obliged to connect with a cable then openup unity and turn on the Ajsutable to power the router ...
Do you have a solution for that ?

Regards,
Thierry
ThierryBeauvilain

Re: Adjustable Power output does not start at startup

Post by ThierryBeauvilain »

My problem is solved ! I de-installed and re-installed yesterday evening and now it works.

Is there a PPBADV.ini file somewhere which could be accessed to force some settings ? In case the problem reappears …
skander

Post by skander »

Hi there,

I have the same problem but with a PPBA gen 1 : in Config > Startup Configuration > PowerHub and Adjustable : the setting is On.
However when PPBA starts up, only the powerhub is switched on.

I re-installed Unity since that solved the problem for Thierry, but that had no effect on my problem which is still present.

Any ideas how to fix this ?
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

Yes, please check here:

https://pegasusastro.com/troubleshootin ... ing-guide/

And especially here:
https://pegasusastro.com/troubleshootin ... 151b72487f

In short you need to click firmware update
ddidomenico

Post by ddidomenico »

I have the same issue. I have a GEN2 Advance. The Adjustable power output is configured to be on but when I start it, its off. I have firmware 2.6 and it does not give me the option for any firmware upgrade to 2.7.

What should I do?

Thanks
Dale
AstroNikko

Post by AstroNikko »

Unfortunately I'm experiencing the exact opposite problem: the Adjustable power output is configured to be OFF at startup, but it turns ON anyway.

I have a PPBAdvance Gen 2 running firmware version 2.10.3 Rev C, and am using Unity Platform version 1.13.2116.117.

Update: I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Pegasus Astro Unity Platform, and then reinstalled the firmware on the PPBAdvance. Still seeing the same results.

However, after further testing I found that the Quad 12V PowerHub doesn't quite respond as expected either:

Bug 1) When PowerHub and Adjustable are both set to OFF under Startup Configuration in the Configuration tab, Quad 12V remains OFF at startup while Adjustable turns ON (both are expected to remain OFF).
Bug 2) When PowerHub is set to OFF while Adjustable is set to ON under Startup Configuration, Quad 12V and Adjustable both turn ON at startup (Quad 12V is expected to remain OFF).

I hope that these issues can be resolved in a future firmware update.

Clear skies,

Nikko
Nikkolai Davenport // astro.nikkolai.com
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

Indeed, Seems to be a bug in software. WIll be fixed in the upcoming Unity release!