Dew Control

pzuts

Dew Control

Post by pzuts »

I am trying to setup dew control on my Powerbox micro for an Edge HD 9.25. I am using an ASIAir pro via my mobile so don't wish to connect the Powerbox to a laptop.

1. Where should I place the dewpoint detector. Currently I sit it on top of the powerbox micro?
2. In auto dew mode, my corrector seems to dew up before the heater strap begins to work and the generated heat does not seem to completely clear the corrector.
3. What I would like to do is to setup the powerbox so the dew heater power comes on at around %80 percent whenever I plug in the dew heater. However if I set Autodew off and the power output to around 200 (80%) it wont turn on unless the powerbox is connected to my laptop. Alternatively if I set autodew on then I cant set the power output to 80% as it resets to zero once the powerbox reads the dewpoint detector. and my corrector dews up before the power comes on.

What can I do?
Evans
Site Admin

Re: Dew Control

Post by Evans »

Please check below answers:

> Currently I sit it on top of the powerbox micro?

This is a bad choice as the PPB Micro's electronic board emmits heat.. and the sensor reports a wrong dew point temperature. Sensor should be placed away from the main device. You can place the sensor close to the telescope dovetail with some velcro tape.

>In auto dew mode, my corrector seems to dew up before the heater strap begins to work
This happens because the humidity reading is incorrect. (usually sensor repors lower hunidity than actual value due to the wrong sensor placement.

>However if I set Autodew off and the power output to around 200 (80%) it wont turn on unless the powerbox is connected to my laptop.

Set autodew ON and increase the aggresiveness of the auto-dew algorithm. (one off setting - does not require to have to laptop connected )
Screenshot at May 31 21-39-48.png
Screenshot at May 31 21-39-48.png (36.32 KiB) Viewed 5046 times