Feature requests - Visual UPBv2

Feature requests / 3rd party software development
RobinBrown

Feature requests - Visual UPBv2

Post by RobinBrown »

Hi Pegasus Astro team.
I was wondering if some of these visual changes are possible with UPBv2 software.
This idea is only due to the confusion I had not knowing what was active or not.

(1) Example Power Button:
Under the Power Window, the power plug always shows a closed blue Plug icon, whether connected or disconnected.
although there are other areas on the screen that show some activity.
It would be more visually helpful if the plug icon shows a blue open plug and when connected show a green closed plug.
--------
(2) Device plug icons:
If possible the small icon plugs that shows connection/Disconnection. It would be nice if the icon changed to Green when
the icon shows a connected state, and a open blue plug icon when disconnected.
--------
Power A outlet:
Power A Variable voltage:
The variable voltage would have the name 'Variable A', ('A' indicating the outlet) until such time it is changed by the user to 'Canon' for example.
The voltage should show zero volts and a indication of 'Idle', with the unplugged Icon;
Until the user sets the voltage to 8v for example Then the Icon would show a closed plug and 'Idle' would change to 'Active'.
--------
Power B outlet:
Power B Volts Fixed:
I would like to see another icon added for 'B Outlet' the straight through 12v live output.
The Fixed voltage would have a name 'Outlet B',until such time it is changed by the user to 'NUVI3' for example.
The voltage will always show 12v as it cannot be changed.with a plugged icon and 'Active'.
----------
Auto DEW Heater:
When the DEW heater is set to Auto and the power box is shut down, the auto dew heater is deactivated.
I guess this is to prevent the heaters staying on.
However, it would be handy to have and option "activate 'AUTO' heater when power is connected".
This would save manually having to connect every time.
So if a 'tick' is added this would mean the auto heater will activate to an on state when the Power Box has been powered.
Or the software is executed from windows.
------------
Example USB:
Although the bottom window shows connected devices it would be nice if the 'ON' changed from blue to green when a connection has been
established. if the device is disconnected for what ever reason (dropout), then the icon would flash GREEN/BLUE between the two states
or just change back to blue. Visually this would quickly show connection error.
---------
Sample Images of how it might look.

Robin
Attachments
UPBv2 - Modified 2.jpg
UPBv2 - Modified 2.jpg (150.23 KiB) Viewed 2306 times
UPBv2 - Modified 1.jpg
UPBv2 - Modified 1.jpg (151.4 KiB) Viewed 2306 times
Evans
Site Admin

Re: Feature requests - Visual UPBv2

Post by Evans »

Thanks for the feedback and suggestions. All of them noted and will be considered in the next major software update