Problems with Nina/ASCOM and SMFC

Dual Motor Focus Controller (DMFC)
Jussi

Problems with Nina/ASCOM and SMFC

Post by Jussi »

Hi,

I earlier reported about issues with Stellarmate and SMFC. Now I have that working thanks to Jasem from Stellarmate. I switched to PC in my main rig however, due to the new camera. Now, with Nina, I cannot get SFMC working. Data that it shows is weird as in the attached picture;
IsMoving True
IsSettling False
Max increment 999999
Max Step 999999
Target Position -1
And move buttons gray.

I am wondering is this the same issue?

For what it is worth, I also have issues with my new powerbox advance. It does not connect through ascom as Switch, unless I have the Pocket Powerbox software open.
Attachments
Annotation 2021-06-01 234614.jpg
Annotation 2021-06-01 234614.jpg (35.89 KiB) Viewed 5912 times
Evans
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Nina/ASCOM and SMFC

Post by Evans »

ASCOM does not accept negative values in position. If you move a positive value it will work.

About the switches driver, yes, it requires the main software to be open (it interacts with the software and exchange data)
Jussi

Post by Jussi »

According to Pegasus software, position is 35230, and the focuser is almost fully open. I think that negative value is a symptom of the issue rather than solution?

Edit: Tested it by moving the controller through Pegasus Focus Controller. Position now 35245, and movements to different directions lead to no changes in the Nina figures. In Nina, position remains at -1, I can insert target position, but cannot press Move button, or any of the arrow buttons at the bottom.

Is it possible for me to download e.g. an old driver to test this. In Indi, it used to work, but the most recent update broke it before Jasem corrected it. He needed to even remote log in to my Stellarmate to get grip of the problem.
enggprosolutions

Post by enggprosolutions »

I have find the same problem but do not resolve as per given steps. please give me some other solutions. ?