Meade Zero Image-Shift Electronic Micro-Focuser

Dual Motor Focus Controller (DMFC)
ratskrad

Meade Zero Image-Shift Electronic Micro-Focuser

Post by ratskrad »

I have a Meade LX200GPS 10" SCT on an EQ mount and I am trying to get the Meade Zero Image-Shift Electronic Micro-Focuser to work with the DFMC. On this mount and scope I am running through a PPBAdvance and am using the cable for connecting to the DFMC. Everything shows up in Pegasus Unity Platform. I have the software set to DC and low vibration with a speed setting of 200. I am able to get the micro focuser to move back and forth using Unity Platform. I use SGP Pro for photon acquisition and it sees the DMFC and even shows where the focuser is set position wise but does not respond when I try and get the micro focuser to move either in or out. I can do the old fashioned way of a tri bahtinov mask and my Rigel nFOCUS box but this defeats the whole reason for having all of the Pegasus hardware. When I move the focuser in and out I do get an error that pops up that says

Error Code: 1301
Error on invoking method
[MotorMoveRelative]

Goggle search shows nothing and I guess I am asking is if anyone has been able to get the Meade Zero Image-Shift Electronic Micro-Focuser working and doing the whole auto focus thing as I like to sit inside my house and remotely access my scopes and cameras out. I have not tried the Rigel nStep of which I do have all of the pieces as I used to use it on my ES ED127 but that got replaced by a MoonLite focuser. So that will be my next step to try if there is not a solution to the above issue.
Evans
Site Admin

Re: Meade Zero Image-Shift Electronic Micro-Focuser

Post by Evans »

This seems to be a bug in Unity software. We are checking this issue and provide an update / fix in upcoming release.
ratskrad

Post by ratskrad »

Any updates on this issue? I have a lot of money just sitting there doing nothing and am thinking of buying a different manufactures products
in order to get this rig up and running.
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

Hello,
It has been fixed and it will be available by next Unity release (end of August / start of September 2022)
ratskrad

Post by ratskrad »

Thanks for the update, when I get that scope back out I will give it a try.