FocusCube2 issues with Unity Platform

FocusCube v1 & v2, Zero, Motor Focus Kit (Universal or Zero)
thedudeabidez88

FocusCube2 issues with Unity Platform

Post by thedudeabidez88 »

So I'm trying to use the unity platform with my FocusCube2. When it loads, the FocusCube connects however when trying to move to a position, there is no movement on the motor shaft but when I feel the motor there is a low pitched vibration during the movement. When it reaches the commanded position, that vibration stops with no output movement. After trying several things, the only thing that I have found that works is by toggling the reverse button in the software. Only then there is movement on the focuser shaft. This is one of the annoying things that I found that I had to do everytime I try and use the focuser with Unity.

The other thing is when I'm using SGPro or NINA, when I try and connect to the focuser, everytime I have to go into the focuser settings and select the focuser then I can connect. It should be able to remember the device only once. This is a hassle to do everytime and even after, I still have to go into the unity platform first to toggle the reverse button to even use it. Another gripe about the unity platform is the GUI is just too large. I liked the small GUI sizes of the now obsolete focuser and pocket power box advanced utilities and never had any issues like I have said above. So I have reverted back to the obsolete utilities and ASCOM drivers for the foreseeable future until what appears to be a very buggy Unity platform is fixed and the GUI interface is changed or with an option to use a smaller GUI window.
Evans
Site Admin

Re: FocusCube2 issues with Unity Platform

Post by Evans »

Thanks for the feedback. We'll investigate all of these issues and provide an update.
Please make sure that you have selected the device before clicking the connect button
thedudeabidez88

Post by thedudeabidez88 »

Okay... Well tonight I encountered the same issue but this time with the obsolete focuser utility, which is odd. I don't know what is going on. Now both the Unity platform and the Utility seem to have issues with having the reverse button switched to "on" which I need to have selected for the orientation that I have the motor on my focuser. When I turn reverse "off" and then close either the Utility or Unity (I only have one open at a time), power cycle the motor then reconnect everything I can move the motor without having to play with the reverse button. Of coarse it moves inward and not outward on my focuser. Then when I turn reverse back on, and reboot the motor then reconnect, It is back to the original issue. No movement but the motor vibrates during a commanded move. Why is this happening?
jwaters125

Post by jwaters125 »

I am having the same issues with NINA 2.0 RC002. I am uninstalling the UNITY SW and going back to the old drivers.