Pegasus FocubeCube V2 with Universal Bracket will not Rotate

FocusCube v1 & v2, Zero, Motor Focus Kit (Universal or Zero)
bboerma18

Pegasus FocubeCube V2 with Universal Bracket will not Rotate

Post by bboerma18 »

I recently purchased and installed the Pegasus FocuseCube V2 with the Universal Bracket onto my Stellarvue 80mm ED. I downloaded and installed all the recommended software. I also own and utilize the Pegasus PowerBox Advance V2 (PPBA). To power the focuscube, I used the supplied 12v power cord with my Celestron Power Tank 17. However, I connected and the USB data cord through the PPBA.

I read the directions, noting not to manually turn the motor once installed. Last night, which was first time using the FocuseCube, the motor would not rotate at all. Despite each program that I tried (SharpCap Pro, SGP, Pegasus Stand Alone program) indicating I was connected, would not operate it. At the end of the night, using the feather touch focusing knob, I very gently tested to see if I could move the draw tube out and it freely moved in and out. When I moved the knob, I noted the focus cube rorated without issues or any kind of tension.

Can someone please advise me on how to trouble shoot or how to get the focuser to operate correctly?

Kind regards,

Brian