Pegasus UPBv2 and Mini Pc

Ultimate Powerbox v1 and v2
darrencontino

Pegasus UPBv2 and Mini Pc

Post by darrencontino »

Hello All, I have this cross posted on a couple forums. I might not be asking right to take advantage of searching as I am coming up blank
if I missed an "asked and answered" accept my apologies.

I am using a Pegasus UPBv2 with an Intel Pc Mini stick and remote access through MacBook running Microsoft Remote.

The Power box is configured with: Asi Camera, EAF, EFW, Guide scope. EQ6-R. The Mini PC with:ASCOM Platform, EQAscom, PHD2, Polemaster, and APT and the Pegasus software.

The problem is the remote interface runs perfect on its own between the mini pc and MacBook Pro but once I connect the UPB (or power it up) through the Remote Desktop it kicks out the remote connection and goes into a continuous do loop attempting to reestablish to make connection. After trial and error along with numerous reboot sequences I stumbled onto this ... it would reconnect the remote connection whenever I killed power to the UPB (shut off the power supply to the UPBv2) There is nothing obvious I am seeing that would cause this, anyone else experience it? Port Conflict???

Thanks Darren
TotallyFred

Re: Pegasus UPBv2 and Mini Pc

Post by TotallyFred »

A few shots in the dark:

USB3 is notoriously noisy in the 2.4 GHz range. If you are connected over WiFi, this can create enough interference to brown out the connection. I had lots of similar issues with my Raspberry Pi. I added ferrites to the USB cable, changed the case to a plastic one, and ultimately some firmware magic helped the Pi (this last part, I read - I do nit even know what they did). Try with Ethernet if you can and see if this makes a difference.

Another one: check that your mini PC and USB are grounded together otherwise this may cause current leaks causing issues (possibly damaging your hardware). Power your PC from the UPB if it is not the case.