Flatmaster 150 Faulty

FlatMaster 120 / 150 / 250
tdinneen

Flatmaster 150 Faulty

Post by tdinneen »

I'm having the same two issues as the previous two posters. I got a FlatMaster 150 for Christmas. In January it worked fine via FlatMaster and NINA. In February I couldn't connect to it anymore but I could use it manually but now it resets itself after 20-30 seconds to full brightness. So I can't even use it manually. I've tried with various cables, USB2 v USB3, PowerBox versus computer versus wall adapter. Same issue. I'm returning it as there doesn't appear to be any resolution with the previous posts.
Evans
Site Admin

Re: Flatmaster 150 Faulty

Post by Evans »

Hi, it seems that Flatmaster resets. During reset (reboot) the max brightness is forced on boot.
When supplied current from USB is not enough the Flatmaster will definitely reset.
Most of the boost profiles require a USB3 port which can deliver more power than a common USB2 port.

If you find that the product has a problem and does that on every USB port (including USB3 ports) please contact us at support email for a return / repair or replacement.
andyho

Post by andyho »

Same problem here. The panel abruptly changes to maximum brightness after some amount of time, often before I can complete 16 five-second flat frames. Tonight, it started behaving in an even odder way. It suddenly stopped emitting light in the middle of a 16-frame sequence. Thinking it had something to do with the USB port on my computer, I plugged it into a 120V receptacle using an Apple 5V transformer. Immediately, the panel went dark. Maybe it needs more amperage to maintain a stable light output; I just don't know without doing further experimentation.

2021-03-12 It seems that the port I've been using to power the Flatmaster is a USB2.0 port. If USB2.0 doesn't provide enough power, then I guess that's the problem. I'll try something else with more "oomph" to power the Flatmaster 150.
tdinneen

Post by tdinneen »

Thank for replying. As mentioned I’ve tried it with various USB’s, cables etc. etc. Including USB3 on PowerBox Ultimate V2 which should have enough power. I’ve arranged to send it back to the supplier (astroshop.eu). I’ll update this post with the resolution. Hopefully it’s a once off as I really like it as a device.
Lalanke

Post by Lalanke »

I purchased Flatmaster 150 last month but seems it doesn't connect to my windows 10 PC. even-though i downloaded and installed the drivers (given by the Pegasus website) still the device not identified. So i did all the windows update and restarted and tried, still no luck. Tried with different computer too and the results are the same.Also, went to device manager and saw usb item not recognized after installing the drivers (and restarts too).
Item is working ok in manual mode, but i need more contrast to get flats from my narrowband filters, thats why i tried to connect to the PC and boot up the contrast but seems this device is not working properly.
sulbaran

Post by sulbaran »

I bought the Pegasus Astro Flatmaster for some time and last night I tried to use it for the third time since I bought it and had the same problem as the last two opportunities. I tried to use it through my pegasus astro ultimate powerbox v2 but was not successful. When I tried to execute the process, I obtained a message that said the frames were very dimmable even though was set lighted 100% . Use the USB 3 port to see what happened and did not work. In addition, when I try to use native and ASCOM controllers, I receive a NINA message that says that null values are not accepted. As soon as I connect with Nina, the flameter darkens and Nina stop to take the frames and asks to adjust the light of the Flatmaster when anchoring the parameter shows that the light is maximum. The truth is that I was expected an optimal performance but I believe I wasted the money.
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

The flatmaster 150 and 250 can tune the LED surface with different frequencies and brightness levels bypassing any banding issue with CMOS cameras.
We are working to bring more brightness profiles in Unity that do not cause issues (with banding) to the latest high-gain CMOS models. (especially when you use low exposures).