unable to unscrew the adapter

Questions and feedback about the rotator itself, adapters, de-rotation etc
Alfons

unable to unscrew the adapter

Post by Alfons »

I have a Falcon Rotator connected to the telescope with the M54 M to M54 M adapter. I need to replace this adapter with another but it is impossible to unscrew it from the rotator. Is there a way to be able to remove it without damaging the device?
Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Evans
Site Admin

Re: unable to unscrew the adapter

Post by Evans »

This is a problem that happens to all of us.. Please reach us at support@pegasusastro.com.
An excessive stress might damage the motor gearbox.
Alfons

Post by Alfons »

Hi Evans,
I assure you that the ring was not excessively tight, simply once threaded and used several times it is difficult to remove it later with the fingers. A small tool is necessary that takes advantage of the two holes of the adapter to unscrew it gently. I have built myself a simple tool to remove the adapter ring and I tell you that no extraordinary effort was made to remove it.
As a suggestion, It would be helpful that a device worth $600 carried this simple tool in the packaging box.
Evans
Site Admin

Post by Evans »

Hi Alfons,
Thank you for the feedback. Indeed this tool is useful )I have made one also for my setup as I had the same issue) so we'll check how we can include it in our future product revisions.
Alfons

Post by Alfons »

Hi Evans,
This sounds good, especially for those users who use the Falcon Rotator on more than one telescope.
Thelighthunter

Post by Thelighthunter »

It is indeed a challenge to unscrew these adaptors. Not only from the Falcon but also from the SCOPs.
Is that tool available in the meantime? At a good price I will immediately buy!