Strange problem with NINA and Falcon

Questions and feedback about the rotator itself, adapters, de-rotation etc
ispybadguys

Strange problem with NINA and Falcon

Post by ispybadguys »

I have encountered a strange problem with the rotator. I noticed that in NINA within an Advanced Script that the CenterAndRotate is commanding the rotator to move and the rotator is not moving so the script stalls forever. This AM I see that it stalled waiting for a move to complete so I entered the angle in the Equipment page under the mechanical angle and the rotator started moving and then the script continued. I looked in the NINA log and I didn't see anything strange. The first time this happened I entered the angle into the Unity Platform and this also caused the rotator to move. So it is like maybe the driver dropped the rotate command.

Thanks

Kurt
mhnudi

Re: Strange problem with NINA and Falcon

Post by mhnudi »

For me, I ended up having to use the “reverse rotator direction” option in NINA to get it working as expected. Also, verify that you have your range (90, 180, etc.) adequately specified in NINA. Mine works fine in NINA now.
ispybadguys

Re: Strange problem with NINA and Falcon

Post by ispybadguys »

It happened again last night and has happened a few more time since this post. This time I see this error in the log: I can't trust the Falcon to work

at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
at NINA.Sequencer.Conditions.ConditionWatchdog.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<<Start>b__0>d.MoveNext() in E:\Projects\nina\NINA.Sequencer\Conditions\ConditionWatchdog.cs:line 52
2022-11-27T16:54:30.5106|ERROR|AscomDevice.cs|GetProperty|353|An unexpected exception occurred during GET of IRotatorFacadeProxy.Reverse:
ASCOM.DriverException: CheckDotNetExceptions ASCOM.PegasusAstroFalcon.Rotator Reverse Get System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. (See Inner Exception for details) ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CheckDotNetExceptions(String memberName, Exception e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 629
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.GetTargetInvocationExceptionHandler(String memberName, Exception e) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 664
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.MemberFactory.CallMember(Int32 memberCode, String memberName, Type[] parameterTypes, Object[] parms) in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\MemberFactory.cs:line 287
at ASCOM.DriverAccess.Rotator.get_Reverse() in C:\ASCOM Build\Export\ASCOM.DriverAccess\Rotator.cs:line 186
at Castle.Proxies.Invocations.IRotatorFacade_get_Reverse.InvokeMethodOnTarget()
at Castle.DynamicProxy.AbstractInvocation.Proceed()
at Castle.DynamicProxy.AbstractInvocation.Proceed()
at Castle.Proxies.IRotatorFacadeProxy.get_Reverse()
2022-11-27T16:54:30.6246|INFO|AscomDevice.cs|GetProperty|327|Retrying to GET IRotatorFacadeProxy.Reverse - Attempt 2 / 3